Aligra is pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading logistics company based in Avonmouth. We are currently seeking a Distribution Planner to join their team and play a vital role in planning and organizing the efficient and effective delivery of haulage services to internal and external customers.
As a Distribution Planner, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the transportation operations to ensure timely delivery of goods and optimizing the use of resources. You will need to have a solid understanding of distribution systems and processes and be fluent in MS Office applications to effectively carry out your duties
- Plan and organize the efficient and effective delivery of haulage services to internal and external customers.
- Ensure the smooth running of all transport operations, both national and international, by holding a valid Transport Operations CPC certificate.
- Provide cover for the team when and where required, ensuring that service levels are maintained.
- Lead by example and maintain regular and open communication with all stakeholders to keep them updated on business developments.
- Coach and mentor team members, colleagues, and vendors to maximize their potential and contribution to the achievement of business targets.
- Advise, train, and assist other stakeholders in relation to distribution systems and processes.
- Coordinate and plan project activities within the team, working with other project stakeholders to deliver agreed changes to ways of working.
- Fluent in MS Office applications.
- Must have a Transport Operations CPC (National and International).
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure effective collaboration and coordination with stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, setting clear objectives and providing guidance and support.
- A proactive and problem-solving attitude, with the ability to work independently and make decisions under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in distribution planning or a similar role is preferred.
- £30,000 – £35,000 per annum based on experience.
- Hourly pay: Approximately £15.38 – £ 17.95ph
- 8:00am till 16:30pm
- weekend/bank holiday work will be required from time to time
Aligra have been established since 2007 and have since implemented supply partnerships with a number of the UK’s leading logistics companies. Whilst we work across all industries, we specialize in recruitment and talent management for the Automotive and Engineering, Driving and Industrial, Hospitality and Professional and Executive sectors