Aligra is currently recruiting for a Production Manager position on behalf of our client, a leading manufacturing company based in Bristol.
With a competitive salary of £45,000 per year, flexible working hours chose between 6am and 10pm, and a 10% bonus at the end of the year for achieving targets, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional seeking a challenging role.
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the overall production process, ensuring the highest standards of health and safety, quality, and delivery. You will be expected to develop a ‘can do’ culture within your supervisory team that cascades throughout the entire workforce.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating all aspects of production, including planning, organizing, and controlling resources to meet production targets.
- Implementing and maintaining advanced product quality planning (APQP) methodologies to ensure the highest quality standards are met throughout the production process.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives, including Kaizen and lean manufacturing, to optimize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, such as engineering, quality assurance, and supply chain, to ensure effective communication and coordination.
- Monitoring and analyzing production data to identify areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions as required.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, conducting regular risk assessments, and implementing appropriate measures to mitigate risks.
- Mentoring and coaching the production team to enhance their skills and performance.
- Collaborating with HR to recruit, train, and develop production staff, ensuring they have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their roles effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- More than eight years of relevant experience within significant supervisory roles in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding and practical experience of advanced product quality planning (APQP), Kaizen, and lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in plastic or rubber moulding would be advantageous.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve targets.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- A proven track record of driving continuous improvement initiatives and achieving production targets.
- A strong commitment to health and safety regulations and the ability to ensure compliance within the production environment.
Aligra has been established since 2007 and has since implemented supply partnerships with a number of the UK’s leading logistics companies. We specialize in recruitment and talent management for the Automotive & Engineering, Driving & Industrial, Hospitality, and Professional & Executive sectors. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and candidates, matching the right talent with the right opportunity.