We at Aligra are now recruiting for Electro-Mechanical Engineer in the Ipswich area on a permanent basis.
To carry out repairs on a wide range of industrial equipment commensurate with skills, experience and the particular engineering discipline in which you are qualified, whilst aiming to meet customer expectations in relation to quality standards, turnaround time and price.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Overhaul all types and manufactures of Low and High Voltage AC motors and generators.
- Overhaul all types and manufactures of DC motors and generators.
- Transformer overhauls
- Mechanical engineering and general machining services including machining, welding, dynamic balancing.
- Overhaul of all mechanical equipment including pumps, gearboxes and white metal bearings.
- Site services including, on-site maintenance, on-site machining, laser alignment, , mechanical handling, and machinery or plant relocation.
- Condition monitoring including, vibration analysis
- Ensure you adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times, including following all appropriate procedures and using the appropriate protective equipment
- Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risks
- Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures and processes underpinning.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Formal apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering
- Advanced electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Strong engineering background in a similar environment
- Knowledge and experience in the principles of quality assurance, quality control and health and safety legislation
- Previous experience in a similar role
Includes benefit package
Salary: Up to £32,240