Our client based in Thatcham are looking to hire an experienced Production Team Leader to lead a team of 4.
You will work directly with the Production Manager to ensure requirements are met and that the operational performance of the team is achieved. You will motivate, lead and develop the team to perform duties which ensure safety, quality and cost objectives are met.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday. 40hrs per week. Overtime on weekend.
- £25,000 – £28,000 per annum dependant on experience
You will need experience of the following with minimum of 2 years working practice of:
– Experience of holding a similar role within a manufacturing organisation
– Very good working knowledge in processing metal assemblies including:
- Health and Safety – Solid background in working safely and ensuring appropriate PPE is always utilised appropriately
- Drilling – Knowledge of types of alloys available and appropriate use on different materials
- Tapping – Practical application of various methods and tool types
- Cutting – Demonstrable knowhow of methods and materials required to carry out operations
- Technical – Ability to interpret and work from technical documentation
- Quality – Ability to work to a very high standard. Excellent attention to detail with written and numerical information is essential
- Providing effective leadership and performance management of the manufacturing team
- Identifying and setting team objectives
- Experience of supporting, training, and coaching colleagues and the willingness to learn and develop these skills
- Building great working relationships and enhancing a fantastic team spirit, encouraging colleagues to be the best they can be
You will be:
- Passionate about lean manufacturing with excellent attention to detail and very hands on
- Conscientious in attitude, reflected in an appreciation of quality, cost and efficiency
- A team player who can work cross functionally to achieve success.
- A confident communicator
- Ambitious and driven to continuously develop
- Computer literate in Microsoft and experience interacting with an MRP system
If you are interested in this position, please apply today or contact our Newbury branch on 01635 937 777 for further information.
Aligra have been established since 2007 and have since implemented supply partnerships with a number of the UK’s leading logistics companies. Whilst we work across all industries, we specialise in recruitment and talent management for the Automotive & Engineering, Driving & Industrial, Hospitality and Professional & Executive sectors.